Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 10 - Ray Spaulding Viewing

Tonight Wendy and I went to the viewing of Ray Spaulding, a friend who served as my Elder's Quorum Secretary in the Ammon 14th ward.

He was loved by many people, which was evident as the line of people for the viewing went throughout the funeral home.  I saw all former members of the Elder's Quorum that served with Ray.  It was the first time that we had been together since being released.  Ray was a great secretary.  We stood in line next to Henry J. Eyring, the son of Henry B. Eyring.  He looks and sounds just like his dad.

I hope when my time comes, I have that many family and friends turn out to support my family (not that I am planing on leaving any time soon).  When someone you know who is younger than you and a friend, passes away, it make me glad to have the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan.  The answer to these questions brings confront to me:

     Why are we here?
     Where did I come from?
     What happens to us after we die?

Here is a picture of the program ......


2 comments:

  1. We each need to take advantage of every day we have - we never know when we will be given the call to go back to Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kknow my time is getting shorter. I want to enjoy the time I have here with my family. It was great getting together with everyone on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete