Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aug 28 - Thoughts on Temple and "Passing the Test"




Today was a day to recover from the long day yesterday. It started off going to Grandpa Bates house to hear about his melanoma results and give him a blessing. Right now they have some additional tests scheduled for next week so we will know more soon about what the future will hold. They did remove a mole last week and they need to do some more tests.

After the blessing I got to go to the temple to spend some time with the Activity Day girls (age 8 - 11) and share my thoughts on the temple. With everything going on the past few days I am not sure my mind was functioning at 100% (my kids would say that it never has reached that high).

One thing I do know, is that we are here to past our "test" and once we are done, we will be called home. I just hope that all my family will be able to "past the test". I really hope that Heavenly Father grades on a curve when it comes to me.

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. That's great that you could be there with Micah too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Scott for being here to help with Dad's blessing. Just want to let you know that you are considered our "kid" also. Thanks for your thoughts. We are hoping we can make the test okay also. Thank goodness we have the Gospel and our family. They are what is important. We love having a Temple so close that we can serve in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do the tests end?

    Probably never.

    I imagine we will all have to learn a lot in the next life too, but our brains will probably work at 100% by then so it may be easier.

    Don't worry - I think our whole family will be able to take classes together and we can help each other. Thanks goodness for eternal families to help us when we need it.

    ReplyDelete