Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oct 10 - Meetings and more meetings

I think the 14th Article of Faith for our church is "We believe in meetings". Sunday's are full of meetings. Today was one of those days. Started at 7:00 AM and ended about 3:30, then I had another one at 7:00 pm. I keep reminding myself that the purpose of all these meetings is that we are doing the Lord's work. We are making sure needs are taken care of, that testimonies are growing, and that we are watching out for both the "99" and the "lost one". I did get a nap in between all the meetings today (which was nice).

As I did not have a lot of time today, I took a quick picture of the cars in the parking lot for the 7:00 pm meeting. I had to make it quick, as I had a friend waiting for me and I did not want him to wonder about why I was taking a picture of cars.
The 15th Article of Faith says "We believe in refreshments", which they forgot about in tonights meeting.



4 comments:

  1. NO REFRESHMENTS!

    Who was in charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish they'd make a sixteenth that says, "We believe in naps." That or, "We believe in getting out of our church meetings on time."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell the Relief Society was not in charge. Surely they would have had refreshments. They did at the Relief Society Conference the week before conference here as I'm sure they did elswhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, I am missing your blogs. You are farther behind than I was.

    ReplyDelete