Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oct 18 - Picking Pumpkins

Today we went to a local farm to pick out our pumpkins. It was a very nice evening. We got the best 5 pumpkins out in the field.
Also, today was a day to test my faith. We have a person in our ward who had surgery today. I was able to give him a blessing last week. I have faith that the Lord can heal anyone and I have seen this many times in my life. I really felt like things where going to go a certain way, and they did not. This caused me to reflect on the talk "Blessing the Sick" given in April 2010 conference. The blessing will work out in the Lords way.







3 comments:

  1. Nice pumpkins guys.

    I know that we are not in charge of our lives - we jsut have to have faith to deal with things as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah, it looks like you fit the part of pumpkin day.

    Michael has mentioned this talk a number of times. It had quite an effect on him. We just haave to have faith that Our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and what time things are supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete