Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oct 28 - Pizza and Baptism

Today was a great day. I attended a baptism in our ward for a lady who lives in a care center. She has wanted to get baptized for about 1 year but because of health reasons has not been able to. We had to do the baptism at a ward member's home (they have a pool that has a handicap ramp). The sister had to be baptized in her wheel chair as she is immobile. It was quite the experience. It reminded me of the time in Montana we had to do some baptisms in a hot tub (as there was no church to meet in and the Branch President's home had a hot tub).


After the baptism I also had to cook dinner for the kids. Wendy was gone at a work function and the kids did not want Mac and Tomato, so I got pizza for them.


3 comments:

  1. That's a great story. Reminds me of some experiences that we had as missionaries too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our baptisms in Scotland were done in swimming pools as at the time we didn't have a church house in Aberdeen or Glasgow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cooking Scott! I wanted pizza but we didn't have Derek home this weekend so we couldn't get any.

    ReplyDelete