Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb 27 - Wood Badge Beads

Tonight we had a court of honer for Troop 616.  Tyler got another 5 merit badges (I think he has got 34 now).

Durning the meeting I also got my Wood Badge Beads.  This was a long process for me, as they make you work to earn your "tickets".

There is a long story behind Wood Badge that I will spare you from (be happy to tell you, but I don't want to type it).  Part of finishing the training is "earning your ticket".  This goes back to British soldiers having to "earn their ticket" home after fighting in the war (the army did not pay for you to go home).  So in Wood Badge you have to "earn your ticket".  You have to complete 5 tasks (that have to be approved).

My ticket items included:
1.  Finishing a wood working project for Wendy (this is the manger scene posted in December)
2.  Read the New Testament
3.  Taught the diversity principle "Stereotyping" to Troop 616
4.  Read the biography of Lord Baden-Powell (who started scouting).  {Dad this is a very good book that I need to get to you.  It is called "Baden-Powell The two lives of a hero"}
5.  Start some kind of Journal - which turned in to this blog.

So as I have earned my tickets, I will no longer be posting on this blog.  I am finished, done, etc.

Below are some pictures of me getting by award.  Dr. Charile Call was my troop guide and he is presenting the award to me.

And one more question ........  Is there a beaver in the house?
(you have to have gone to Wood Badge to understand this question)

The trouble with, "A place for everything and everything in its place" is that there's always more everything than places.  
Robert Brault





3 comments:

  1. It hasn't been a year yet - you can't quit yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great about your award Scott but I don't want you to quit your blog. I'm glad you got me to do it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever dude. You have to answer to all of us. We're a lot more intimidating than a group of scouting leaders. I know where you live, and I know how excited you are to have a waterbed again ... with no holes. That could change really quickly, couldn't it?
    Just kidding. I'll just send you vengeful messages on your current blog until you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete