Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jan 9 - Exciting Day At Church

Today we had a Brother in our ward slip on the ice and break his shoulder. We had a priest come and tell us (just as we were starting church) so the Bishop sent me out to see what was going on.

When I got out there, there where about 3 other brethren who were giving first aid. It was strangely calm during the whole experience. There was no bleeding (external anyway) and he did hit his head and shoulder when he fell. We had to call the ambulance to transport him to the hospital. He was joking and had lots of support from ward members. We had two nurses watching out for him (members in the ward). He had about 15 pounds of blankets on him (and under his head and feet). He got a blessing and only was down on the ground for about 10 minutes.

Needless to say, I did not get a picture of this, but I thought is was worth posting. As we are surround by angles who are watching over us.


Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love
Becky Hobbs & Don Goodman, Songwriters, Made famous by the group Alabama


2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what angles are watching out for you there in Ammon, but I would like all the help I can get from the angels!

    Gotta' love typos that aren't caught with spellcheck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite songs. It got me through a very rough year after I quite my cooking job. I often just glimpse someone out of the corner of my eye, and know that I am being watched over.

    ReplyDelete