Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dec 19 - Mosiah 3:5-8

Mosiah 3:5-8

For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.
And he shall cast out devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the hearts of the children of men.
And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.


Without question, the above scripture is my favorite passage in scripture. i have been waiting to post this on the blog, and as today is the last Sunday before Christmas, I thought today was the perfect day.

If I had to choose one chapter of scripture and had to get rid of the rest, I would choose Mosiah Chapter 3. It covers all aspects of the gospel, it is pure revelation from God.

The first part of the scripture has special meaning to me for many reasons. The first time this scripture had special meaning to me was when I was spending my first Christmas in the mission field. I was only out a few months and feeling a little home sick. My mission president sent out Christmas cards to his missionaries and in the card was the above scripture. It gave me such strength and renewed my desire to serve faithfully. Every time I read this scripture I am reminded of this experience and feel the powerful love of our Heavenly Father and the love that the Savior has for us.

May all of you have a Merry Christmas, and keep the true meaning of Christmas in your life throughout the year.
I know the below picture does not have much to do with the above thought, except that miracles do happen (Tyler doing the dishes).

3 comments:

  1. It will be wonderful when Christ reigns over the earth and all things will be fair. I know that Christ is the son of God and that He loves us and wants us to be happy. The only way we can do that is to obey His commandments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Tyler on doing the dishes. Great thoughts fo all of us to think about Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, I've got to tell you that I felt the spirit very powerfully when I read this scripture you post. I read it after Layne and I got settled into our hotel room at the U of U, just a few hours before she had a couple of procedures done at Primary Children's Hospital, a couple for her ears and one on her heart. That verse has particular meaning to the Black family. He can heal the blind. He can make the deaf to hear. Spiritually and otherwise. Don't know if you'll jump back this far the read this comment, but thanks. Those verses will be noted for the rest of my life, with special reason.

    ReplyDelete