Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dec 6 - Matthew 26:39 & Shopping

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.


I am not trying to make fun of the above scripture, but sometimes when we go Christmas shopping, I feel as if it will never end. Tonight we headed out to get a few last minute gifts so I did not have time to get a "good" picture. I think we are almost done (yea!!!!)

Okay, maybe the scripture is a little funny when you think about shopping and how it will never end. And if you change the word "Father" to "Wife" it reads:
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Wife, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.






3 comments:

  1. We don't get to pick when the end will come, but hopefully we can endure faithfully until it does come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you get older and have a few health problems, you will understand more clearly what enduring to the end means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, or you could put "mother-in-law" in place of "wife" too. (This is Kendra speaking ....)

    ReplyDelete