Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dec 23 - D&C 4:4 & Missionary Dinner

D&C 4:4

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner and then I was able to go with them on a visit to a single sister in our ward. It is always nice having the missionaries over for dinner. They have a wonderful spirit about them. I am grateful for the mission I was able to serve and I hope that my son (and daughters if they want to) will serve a mission.

At this time of year, we need to celebrate the mission of the savior. I know for me, when I think about Christmas, it is not just about His birth, but about the life and mission he fulfilled.





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to feed the missionaries - what a blessing to you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeding the missionaries gives you a good feeling. When we do that I fill like we are paying back a little those who fed out missionaries.

    ReplyDelete